Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pillow Talk

It has been a loooong time since I was able to post with a very busy month. Well we are all moved into our apartment and I've been working on lots of projects for our place. We are on a tight budget and live in a school campus apartment so that means no painting and no nails bigger than a picture nail. Next to painting, one of the easiest way to dress up an apartment is with fabric. So I hit Joann Fabrics and found my favorite sections, the remnants, fabric quarters, and discontinued samples.




Each of these fabrics were around $2 each. 

I also bought 2 18x18 inch pillows on sale for about $5 each and a zipper for about $2. I had 2 larger throw pillows at home so I made some plain pillow covers to dress them up.

The fabric quarters and samples were too small to make a pocket on the side so I attached a zipper to that one.

The other pillows I made a pocket 


I wanted to personalize one of the pillows so I cut out the date of our anniversary to sew on the front


And there are the finished products!


No comments:

Post a Comment