Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Likes

With having the day off of work for Labor Day, I thought I catch up on a few more of my projects. Some of them I did months ago and some were just a few weeks ago.

I recently got into wearing scarves. But of course when I start buying them and wearing them it happens to be the wrong season, Summer. I had a few that I bought a few years ago but never really wore. Then my Mother-in-law bought me one for my birthday right before my Husband and I went to Switzerland, and that's when it started.This project cost me a whole $1.50.

The materials were...

A hanger
Ribbon or yarn
Plastic shower curtain rings ($1.50)

I hooked all the rings on the bottom of the hanger but they kept sliding all around so I used yarn to tie them in place with a nice bow. Here is the finished product!


This can also work for ties. You'll notice the red tie on the left, the 1 tie my husband owns and it was for our wedding. I gotta get more scarves to fill it up!


Speaking of our wedding, I found yet another thing that would have ended up in a box in storage, our wedding cards. I've always been someone to keep cards, Birthday, Christmas, Graduation, and Valentine's Day. Those are in a box but the wedding cards deserved something better.

I found a small binder, about 5x7 with a clear pocket in the front cover and on the side.  I tore the cards at the fold to include what they wrote and some I included the whole card. After using a whole punch I put the cards in our red binder, our wedding color. I found 1 card that I really liked the cover and put it in the front cover. I then found a phrase from a card and put it in the clear pocket on the side.







Now I can look through our card binder and read and remember all the best wishes from those who shared our wedding day with us.




The last one I have for the Labor Day Likes is a bar cart I made for my husband and I.

I had a metal wheeled cart that was used for storage. I found some fun fabric in the remnant section at Joann's. I used some twine that I had laying around to attach the fabric to the cart and wrap around the top of the cart for more detail. Lastly found some foam sheets at Michael's and cut it to fit the shelves. Here is the finished product!




No comments:

Post a Comment