Monday, August 20, 2012

Remember remember the 5th of November

My husband Brien and I are moving in about a month in a new apartment. We are currently living with family so it will be nice to have our own space.  Sharing space means not always getting to choose the design and decor of the home so this will be a chance to give our apartment our own touch. I've already done some new projects for our apartment and have many more in mind that I will share with you.

The first project I made comes from a post I found on Pinterest with the inspiration of the movie V for Vendetta.

In case of revolution box
Price range- $25-$40

I completed this project for about $25 because thee shadow box was 50% off at Michaels

Material list
Shadow box about 5 inches deep-$17 at Michaels
Fabric sticker letters- $3 at Michaels
V for Vendetta mask- $5 at Party City
2 straight pins 


When I opened up the shadow box I set the mask inside to make sure it would fit properly. It was a little too big, from back to nose. My shadow box was only 4 1/2 inches deep so I had to alter the mask a little. It is plastic so I had to trim about 1/4 of an inch from jawline to eye on each side.

The mask has elastic straps so I will use these to pin the mask to the shadow box.


Once the mask has been pinned to the back of the shadow box put the backing back on or close the glass door, depending on what style of shadow box you have. Make sure you clean the inside of the glass so there are no finger prints.

The picture above is before I trimmed the sides. As you can see it pushed the sides out and made the face too wide but a little trimming will take care of that.

Next I added the letters. I used sticker letters made of fabric. I thought they had more of a finished look because they don't look like cheap stickers. The writing reads, "In case of revolution break glass."

About 1/2 hour later.....the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment